Davis Oral Surgery & Implant Center provides dental anesthesia in Davis, CA. For more information or to schedule a consultation, please call our office at 530-297-7000.
What Is Anesthesia?
Anesthesia refers to the use of medicine to induce a temporary loss of awareness and sensation. While local anesthesia eliminates painful sensations, general and IV anesthesia are useful tools in oral surgery in that they address other aspects of the procedure that patients may wish to eliminate as well, such as sounds, feelings of vibration, and stretching of the cheeks and tongue.
Benefits of anesthesia in dentistry
- Eliminates Discomfort- Some dental procedures can be uncomfortable due to their complexity. IV sedation and general anesthesia eliminate sensation from the procedures entirely.
- Helps Worried Patients Relax- Many people feel anxious about oral surgery. When patients know they will receive anesthesia, they are less likely to worry about their procedure beforehand and less likely to put off an important dental procedure due to anxiety.
- Improves Oral Health- When patients feel confident about keeping appointments for important dental work, their oral health improves.
- Makes Procedures Safer- Since patients do not move under anesthesia, dental procedures are safer.
- Makes Procedures Faster- Oral surgeons can accomplish more in one appointment with a patient under anesthesia. They can work more quickly and efficiently.
Anesthesia Options We Offer
Good Candidates for Anesthesia
Most patients who need oral surgery are good candidates for anesthesia. Patients with the following medical conditions should consult their physician and Dr. Albadawi before scheduling an appointment:
- Sleep apnea
- Seizure disorders
- Heart disease
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
Why Choose Davis Oral Surgery and Implant Center?
We provide expert oral surgery care in a friendly, welcoming setting. Our practice focuses on meeting our patients' individual needs. From tooth extraction to jaw surgery, we can provide the care that patients need close to home.
Frequently Asked Questions About Anesthesia in Dentistry
Call Davis Oral Surgery & Implant Center
Most patients who need oral surgery opt to utilize IV or general anesthesia for their procedure. Anesthesia can help patients feel relaxed and eliminate any discomfort they may experience. To ask questions or schedule an appointment, please call our office at 530-297-7000.