Skip to main content
Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for six hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- Marijuana use and general anesthesia: The use of medicinal or recreational marijuana products, including edibles, causes a resistance to anesthetics. We recommend refraining from Marijuana use for 48 hours prior to procedure. For more information, please refer to the following article: https://www.mic.com/p/what-weed-smokers-need-to-know-before-going-into-surgery-21761810
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Albadawi prior to your surgical date for instructions.